Description of the Leadership Rally:
The Leadership Rally is a great opportunity to share with the presidents from all the chapters of the Public Relation Student Society of America (PRSSA). It is a space to improve your leadership skills, share experiences and interact with the group of leaders of PRSSA.
The 2015 Leadership Rally edition took place in Scottsdale, Arizona on May 29 and 30 of the present year. The aim of this event was to motivate the whole members from every chapter to participate in diverse activities with other chapters’ presidents and discover the benefits offered by PRSSA.
Our Interviewee, Nahary Mateo, had the opportunity to be part of this important event and she will tell us how her participation was.
1. How do you feel representing the PRSSA Chapter of Universidad de San Martin de Porres, Peru in an international event as the 2015 Leadership Rally?
It’s an honor that makes me feel happy because I’ve learnt a lot and I will help in Chapter’s leaders training and we need this to be good leaders.
I’m sure that our chapter is formed by truly leaders with big personal and corporative responsibility.
2. What objectives you were looking for in your participation in the 2015 Leadership Rally?
In the plan, we developed some objectives with Paola Valdez, PRSSA Chapter of Universidad de San Martin de Porres Webmaster; which they were exchanging leadership ideas, chapters’ management and the relation with others leaders about being a better Chapter.
3. What have you learnt about the PRSSA 2015 Leadership Rally experience?
Something I really liked is that in the Leadership Rally, people emphasized that students’ chapters are not clubs. This idea is supported by our Professional Adviser, Ms. Marita Solórzano, who transmits it to the members of the chapter. It’s important to know that PRSSA is the most important organization of Public Relations in Peru and in all the region, and here we can improve our professional and personal capabilities.
I also learnt that leadership involves actions with the finality of creating mutual participation.
4. What are you going to reply, as far as knowledge is concerned, about the 2015 Leadership Rally to the Chapter?
We are going to reply: Who we are?, What do we do?, Where do we go?, Which are our roles? We ask this to ourselves with the purpose of knowing all our objectives and in this way help to Chapter, Faculty and University placement.
5. What message you would give to the members of PRSSA Chapter of Universidad de San Martin de Porres, Peru about your participation in the 2015 Leadership Rally?
That they must know how our organization works, to work in group and being self-confident.
It’s important to say that we must be aware of what a leader is and see the difference of a simple boss: A leader does not order, a leader guides, the leader also permits others grow up with him or her.
6. As a member of Public Relations Consultant Student PR Public Relations Firm USMP, What conclusions in the professional field you have after the 2015 Rally Leadership?
I must make an emphasis in what the National Professional Adviser said. He said that the leadership is always with us during all our life and not only in the students’ time.
Another conclusion is that every organization must have a good look and have properly with communication; these two points have to be developed by the leaders with abilities. This will make us feel comforting and let us grown as human group.